- Next rehearsal is Sunday 10 September, same place and time, for the Big Choir. All welcome! More details –see Serenading Adela page above (top menu).
The first rehearsal for Serenading Adela: A Street Opera will be held at 3pm on Sunday 3 September. Join us to have a sing and hear more about our plans for this exciting new work. Participation is free, all are welcome to join us, and no prior singing experience is needed.
Whatever your involvement is going to be, we would love to see you on 3 September to talk about the project and see how you might fit in! Read more about this exciting project on our Serenading Adela page.
Rehearsals will be led by our Artistic Director Jeannie Marsh, and Brunswick Rogues choir leader Emily Hayes. They will be fun, friendly, and fabulous!
Choir songs will include the beautiful ‘Ghosts Don’t Lie’, written last year by Stephen Taberner. Check our Ghosts don’t Lie page for links to music, and a choir performance.
- If you have some extra time, you can join our Small Choir, to learn some additional music and movement.
- If you are really pressed for time, the “Unruly Mob” will meet in December to play the crowd, and sing a couple of easy songs and the finale.
- There’ll also be a Street Band – details are being finalised.
The main choir will rehearse at 3pm on Sunday afternoons, from September to December. Rehearsals will be held at the 5th City of Brunswick Scout Hall, 213A Weston Street, Brunswick East – a beautiful former church.
Closest tram is Nicholson St, route 96 to Miller Street (stop 23) or Lygon Street routes 1 or 6 to Weston Street (stop 121). Bike via the East Brunswick Shimmy (John Street, links through to Canning Street).
The hall is wheel-chair accessible. We’re asking all choir, Unruly Mob and band people to register on Trybookings, which saves us work by collecting your details in advance.
Full details of our rehearsal schedule will be provided on 3 September, but please note that we will definitely be rehearsing from Tuesday 2 January for our major 7 January performance. Please don’t leave town!
DATE AND TIME: 3pm, Sunday 3 September for the first rehearsal
VENUE: Scout Hall, 213A Weston Street, Brunswick East
BOOKINGS: Please make a (free) booking https://www.trybooking.com/RGXI
COST: Free (thanks to our donors!)
SHARE THE FACEBOOK EVENT: https://www.facebook.com/events/1516678341729809
- Please note our new easier-to-remember email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s the flyer to share: